A Long Tradition of Public School Planning, Management and Finance
On a State Level
- Assisted with school subsidy revisions
- Involved in tax reform efforts
- Analyzed the impact of state and federal mandates on school districts
- Developed content for the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s School Finance 101 Website
On a Local Level
- Prepare enrollment projections
- Assist in reducing tax collection costs
- Aid in personnel matters
- Review school district finances
The common theme of all of PEL’s work is to provide facts and objective analyses to public officials and the general public so that sound public policy decisions can result.
As an independent nonprofit organization, PEL has been widely recognized as being free of partisan considerations, vested interests, profit motivation or other factors that can often be perceived as clouding government decision-making.